Saturday, July 25, 2009

Goldilock's Chair

I think I found Goldilock's chair. It looks like the Bears fixed it up since her fateful visit, though. The seat has been sewn back on. Actually, I stumbled upon this little darling in my local thrift store. It's got that "in situ", frozen in time look that I just love. It's probably a much older chair that was "redone" in the 40s, based on the paint color and the barkcloth fabric.

I can just see this in the Bears' cottage. Sitting in the corner, with rays of sunshine pouring in through the little leaded windows.

You know, I learned very early in life that blondes really do have more fun. I spent half my childhood wandering through woods and making little houses out of sticks and stones I'd gathered. Why didn't I ever stumble upon an adorable, fully furnished cottage where I could sit in miniature furniture, snack of out tea set size bowls and snooze on a just right bed? Because I was a brunette? Was it the lack of golden locks that made the difference?

I'll be listing this on my etsy site. I've also got Goldilock's blanket and flower vase to go along with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment